Internal Communication Message Templates
Reliable staff communication during these uncertain times is key to maintaining employee engagement. SMS messaging is an effective tool for quickly communicating important internal information with the assurance that the message will be delivered and seen on time. With 98% of text messages opened and 90% read within 3 minutes of delivery, SMS offers a secure and trusted communication channel for time-sensitive information which will not get lost in overflowing employee email inboxes or junk mail folders.
Consider the following tips when texting employees:
- Keep your message, short, simple and to the point
- Limit your communication to essential time-sensitive information relevant to the employee
- Communicate during office hours only unless there is an emergency
- Maintain a tone of professionalism
SMS messaging can be used for various types of staff communication, including event and meeting notifications, office announcements, corporate news, HR updates, or scheduling changes. Here are various examples of templates you can customise and implement as part of your own internal communication strategy.
- Our monthly team meeting will be on Monday, October 5 at 10:00 am. Please bring your September sales report to discuss and review.
- The quarterly management meeting is postponed to October 19 at 10:00 am.
- Hi Team! We need to discuss the upcoming XYZ project. Can we meet today at 2:00 pm?
- Summer hours are officially over Friday, September 25. We will return to a regular work week starting Monday, September 28.
- All sales expense reports MUST be submitted by Friday, October 30. Please see Lisa in Accounting if you have any questions.
- A reminder that tomorrow is the last day to opt-in for flexible benefits coverage. Call Diane in HR if you have questions.
- As part of our employee assistance plan, please call HR at 416-222-2222 or email wehelp.com for any support you may require during the current COVID-19 crisis.
- We have an urgent request from a customer to repair a leaky pipe. Is anyone available to attend to this before 5 pm today?
- Field staff in York region! Please contact your department supervisor for updated shift schedules for next month.
- We are currently experiencing an outage in building A. Maintenance crews are hard at work. Please stay tuned for updates.
- Due to inclement weather, our offices will close early at 3:00 pm. Please drive safely.
- A reminder that our offices will be closed from December 25 to January 3. Have a safe and happy holiday season.
Internal communication is an important element in an organization’s ability to meet its goals. With more staff expected to continue to work remotely in the future, regular check-ins are even more important. Main Street Contact’s messaging platform can help create a productive communication strategy to meet your organization’s needs for staying connected and quickly conveying essential information to your employees.